These feel as good as they look! All natural materials and eco-friendly manufacturing process means this mat is good for your practice, and for our earth. It is bound in a colorful sewn edge. At 5 mm thick, it is suitable for all practices but especially comfortable for more still forms of practice such as yin or restorative. The linen top may initially have less "stick" than some other options, but after a handful of uses the linen will relax, achieving its "grippy-ness". Read more about these sustainable mats below in "Product Information".
About our Designs
Chakra Think of the chakras as wheels that spin simultaneously to create a combination of energy and life force-from our grounded foundation to our spiritual expression and understanding. There are seven, representing different energies and needs (see “chakras” blog here). The more balanced we can be in our lives, we can experience a sense of fullness-emotional, mental and physical; mind, body and soul. This balance manifests in our relationships, conversations, actions, goals and interests. In this design, we’ve aligned our chakras beside our yogi, emerging from her lotus blossom-which grows grounded in the earth, and reaches upwards seeking the light.
We are proud to offer durable and eco-friendly products. They start with a base of natural rubber from Hevea rubber trees. The rubber is collected in a sustainable manner, not harming the trees and allowing them to mature and continue to produce the milky latex within the bark. While natural rubber (latex) may cause allergic reactions for some (Try our TPE mats as an alternative!), rubber is non-toxic, non-slip/skid, waterproof, stain resistant, durable, has excellent flexibility and cushioning, and is recyclable. And because natural rubber is sticky when heated, our manufacturing process takes advantage of this to combine many types of surface layers WITHOUT the use of chemical adhesives.
For our Hemp Linen top layer, we use a blend of hemp and linen (called flax), both sustainable and renewable. These fibers are strong and smooth but become softer and more supple with use. These fibers absorb moisture, are cool in summer and warming in winter, have antibacterial properties, are insect resistant, biodegradable and do not fade.
At 5 mm thick, these mats have a bit of “give” for comfort but are dense enough to ground and stabilize you during your practice. They roll out and stay flat-no bunching or curling.
Our mats contain zero PVC’s or harmful chemicals and are 100% recyclable.
183cm x 68cm x .5cm
- Gently clean dirty areas with a damp towel, paying attention not to use too much water. To remove stubborn stains, use a toothbrush and a small amount of diluted laundry detergent and gently work in a circular motion, then rinse or wipe away with a clean wet towel. Lay flat to air dry, out of direct sunlight.
- If needed, this mat may be dry cleaned.
- Do not expose it to the sun for extended periods of time.
- Do not immerse or leave water pooling on the surface for extended periods of time.
- When storing, roll with the linen surface facing out.
- Do not keep mat close to a heat source for a long period of time to prevent rubber aging and adhesion.
- Your rubber mat may initially have a little smell. This is the smell of natural rubber, and is eco-friendly and non-toxic. If you are sensitive, please lay the mat flat for a period of time before using.