Mandala Hemp Linen and Natural Rubber Luxury Yoga Mat
These feel as good as they look! All natural materials and eco-friendly manufacturing process means this mat is good for your practice, and for our earth. It is bound in a colorful sewn edge. At 5 mm thick, it is suitable for all practices but especially comfortable for more still forms of practice such as yin or restorative. The linen top may initially have less "stick" than some other options, but after a handful of uses the linen will relax, achieving its "grippy-ness". Read more about these sustainable mats below in "Product Information".
>>These items coordinate beautifully<<
About our Designs
Mandala The word Mandala is loosely translated as “circle” and is said to represent the universe surrounding us. The circle is also a universal representation of infinity, and the endless cycle of nature and energy. Mandalas come in an innumerable variety of designs, patterns and colors, but are always designed to give visual balance. During yoga practice, this visual balance may help you stay focused and present. Our My Yoga Essentials mandala is designed to incorporate the seven chakras in concentric circles, or wheels. After all, the word chakra means wheel, each of which, in yogic symbolism, represent the spinning energy centers of our being. The chakra symbols each have their own color, name, location, mantra and element. Read the more about the “chakras” here and see if you can recognize them in our mandala! You may even want to count the outer “petals” of each ring. How did we do?
We are proud to offer durable and eco-friendly products. They start with a base of natural rubber from Hevea rubber trees. The rubber is collected in a sustainable manner, not harming the trees and allowing them to mature and continue to produce the milky latex within the bark. While natural rubber (latex) may cause allergic reactions for some (Try our TPE mats as an alternative!), rubber is non-toxic, non-slip/skid, waterproof, stain resistant, durable, has excellent flexibility and cushioning, and is recyclable. And because natural rubber is sticky when heated, our manufacturing process takes advantage of this to combine many types of surface layers WITHOUT the use of chemical adhesives.
For our Hemp Linen top layer, we use a blend of hemp and linen (called flax), both sustainable and renewable. These fibers are strong and smooth but become softer and more supple with use. These fibers absorb moisture, are cool in summer and warming in winter, have antibacterial properties, are insect resistant, biodegradable and do not fade.
At 5 mm thick, these mats have a bit of “give” for comfort but are dense enough to ground and stabilize you during your practice. They roll out and stay flat-no bunching or curling.
Our mats contain zero PVC’s or harmful chemicals and are 100% recyclable.
183cm x 68cm x .5cm
- Gently clean dirty areas with a damp towel, paying attention not to use too much water. To remove stubborn stains, use a toothbrush and a small amount of diluted laundry detergent and gently work in a circular motion, then rinse or wipe away with a clean wet towel. Lay flat to air dry, out of direct sunlight.
- If needed, this mat may be dry cleaned.
- Do not expose it to the sun for extended periods of time.
- Do not immerse or leave water pooling on the surface for extended periods of time.
- When storing, roll with the linen surface facing out.
- Do not keep mat close to a heat source for a long period of time to prevent rubber aging and adhesion.
- Your rubber mat may initially have a little smell. This is the smell of natural rubber, and is eco-friendly and non-toxic. If you are sensitive, please lay the mat flat for a period of time before using.